Thursday, February 11, 2010

Bye Bye yummy candy hearts

Do any of you watch Ellen? Love her. She makes me laugh so hard! I DVR her everyday and then watch it at night when I get a chance. It's so nice at the end of a long day to get a good laugh isn't it? Anyway, she's doing this sugar cleanse thing and is encouraging everyone to give it a try. Well, yes, I'm giving it a try. I think most of you know I LOVE my candy. If I don't have candy in my purse or tons of candy in my car then I'm having a bad day. Thus, I need this. I always tell my kids that they shouldn't eat so much sugar because it's not good for them. Time to start practicing what I preach. This blog is going to keep me accountable. It's for 21 days. I know- long time. I have to prove to myself that I can be disciplined though! What happens after the 21 days you ask? Well, I hope to learn that I don't need so much sugar. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it in check and just have it in moderation. This has been my downfall thus far.

Oh- forgot to add- this includes no substitute sugar either- aka- DIET POP. I love me some Diet Coke with a bit of Cherry Coke or Dr. Pepper. This is killer for me.

Did I mention I'd like to be in a cute swimsuit for an unplanned trip I'd like to plan? Yes, alterior motives too.

Day 1
This is absolutely horrible. I crave sugar more than I even realized. I am constantly grabbing for a cookie, a conversation heart or some other junk! I have eaten so healthy all day. So many times I thought, "I'll just start it tomorrow" but I know myself. Just another excuse. It has opened my eyes though to how much I depend on sugar to get me through the day! Miss my diet pop like crazy! I am surprisingly not that hungry though. Going to have some herbal tea before bed and hope I'll be good to go!

6 comments:

RicAnn said...

You Can Do It!!!! I think I need to do this. Do you have some thing to snack on to replace the candy? I think that I will always need something.

GoOd LuCk

Apron Appeal said...

How does or doesn't fruit, honey and breads fit into this fast?

The first day is NOT the hardest. on day 3 or 4, if your body really does depend on sugar for energy, you are going to hit a WALL! so tiered, so sleeply....so ornery. Be prepared and don't plan to do anything that is going to take a lot of mental power...hey your kids may be able to finally beat you at a game of memory!

I love sugar fasts and I think they are totally worth it. The next time you have anything with sugar in it, it will be yummy, but it will taste like you are sucking on sugar cubes.

Good luck. Can't wait to follow your progress.

Apron Appeal said...

Oh I just read RicAnn's comment. try swapping your candy with almonds or other nuts (not honey roasted).

Instead of chips and crackers, I'll bake up some pepperoni slices (very crispy-after you ring out the grease of course)

Lindsey said...

You can do it Mandy. I have been doing it for over a month. It was hard the first couple weeks, but it does get easier. Plus, you will feel much better.

Naomi said...

I admire this so much! I don't even think I could make it a day without my stash of dark chocolate in the cupboard. So tempting to try, though. Especially with V-day coming up. I need to tell Dirk not to buy me anything!

Can't relate with you on the conversation hearts, though. Ick.

Sonja said...

You can do it. I just set a goal last week not to eat sugar Monday thru Saturday and then I get a treat on Sunday. It's going well so far and I'm hoping to make this a way of life.