Sunday, May 4, 2008

Mom Brain

So I know I have been slacking on the posting. It seems I have what some call "Mom Brain". Let me elaborate. It's when you feel like you would lose your head if it weren't attached. Some things that lead me to believe I have this is: Just a few days ago I turned on the wrong burner on the stove to cook something meanwhile a glass pyrex dish was sitting on the hot burner with a sweet potato casserole in it- I was just about to stick it in the oven to cook (this was a meal for my good friend that just had a baby) when it completely exploded! I couldn't figure out what happened at first, but then aha- I had turned on the wrong burner on the stove and was cooking the glass dish from underneath it! It was a huge mess. Evidence B: A few weeks ago we were out with some friends at a restaurant- it was a little chaotic with all the kids and the restaurant was busy. Cade had been running around previously so I scooped him up in my hopes to keep him under wraps. Five minutes passes and we are trying to gather everything up to go when I freak out that I can't find Cade. Alas! HE IS IN MY ARMS. Dah. I literally was like- I didn't just look for my child that I'm actually holding, did I? Oh yes I did. Kinda like the sunglasses are on your head thing but this was a kid. Want more? The other day we were eating outside at noodles and company when we started talking to a couple sitting at another table. The guy was like- "I knew you were a Mormon couple!" I was really confused. I recognized the woman but I didn't know where from. Then I realized she's in our ward at church- her husband had told her that he suspected that we were Mormon and she confirmed it. Anyway, I was still trying to figure out how we knew her when it hit me- then she introduced her husband to which I said- "So why don't we know you then?" HELLO, MORON, he might as well have said but actually said, "I don't go to church." I felt like the biggest idiot. I could go on and on, but some days I feel like I have really lost my mind. My good friend that I made the meal for that exploded said I just have "Mom Brain". That makes me feel like atleast it's for a good reason, right?

Here's some cute pics, cause let's face it- this post really isn't that great so just look at the pics.

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Such cute pictures. Welcome to my life all the time by the way, "mom brain" non-stop. It was funny that you were looking for the baby in your lap though. LOL!

Hubers said...

I love the post. ne time I was trying to tell the phone company that I was disconnecting to switch to Vonage, but I could remember the name 'Vonage' and, yes, I started singing the vonage tune to the phone company guy on the phone! Mommy brains!!
Love the pics!! It's been forever since we've seen you guys!

karicarp said...

You guys are SO SO cute. Great pictures. I love all of them of Colton smiling! He is growing up too quick. Don't worry about Carson's party. Not a big deal AT ALL. What are you guys up to this week? If you have time we should get together.

The "mom brain" thing... yeah that's what I call the Lucielle Ball Life! Happens to me WAY.TOO.OFTEN! Glad I am in good company!

Julie M. said...

I just adore your pictures! Your family is so cute! And you're definitely not alone in the "mom brain". It seems I do something at least once daily! Oh well, right?

Sandy said...

That was a hilarious post!! I particularly loved the story about looking for your child that you were holding...totally something I would do!! It makes me feel better about my crazy wacked-out mom brain! Jason even has a specific look that he gives me whenever the "mom brain" starts to take over...the look says "I shouildn't have expected it any other way!" At least we can laugh at it, right?

Meg said...

Oh Mandy that totally made me chuckle! I can completely relate. You guys are so cute!

Mandi said...

Gotta love the mom brain...I swear it gets worse every day for me! Your kids are so cute. I love those pictures!

Kara and Mike Barber said...

I took a study break and your post was just what I needed, I was cracking up! You may have "mom brain" but at least you are one Hot Mama with "mom brain"

Andrea Weaver said...

At least we can all relate to the mom brain!! I feel like I have lost it completely sometimes! Somehow you are remembering to help and do nice things for EVERYONE around you constantly even with the mom brain though!!

Those pics were SO cute!!

Whit said...

Your boys are tooooo cute Mandy - and I completely relate to your "mom brain".

Becky said...

Mandy, you are so funny! I'm totally with you on the mommy-brain thing! I do stuff like that all the time! Pictures are adorable. Could you guys be any cuter? Seriously, you should all be in a magazine!