Thursday, September 10, 2009

Totally Speechless

We were driving today when Cade asked, "Mommy, how did you get that baby in your tummy?" I said, "I don't have a baby in my tummy right now." (I was really thinking, I BETTER not have a baby in my tummy, then a "I'd go really crazy if I had a baby in my tummy" to myself) He said, "I know, Mommy, but how DID you get that baby in your tummy before?" I didn't know what to say. "Cade, what made you think of that?" I asked. He said, "I was just thinking about the doctor's office." Great, I thought, what question will he think of next. I just sat there, thinking, how will I answer this? I don't want to answer this! I didn't answer this! I let some time pass, and said, we'll ask Nana when we get to her house. Luckily he forgot when we got there. Whfew. Suggestions?

2 comments:

Kara and Mike Barber said...

Hey! O man, I don't know how to answer that question, but I heard being honest, (of course not detailed, but in little kids terms) is the best way, but I don't know! I hope you guys are doing well, I would love to come visit you, if you aren't busy in the near future let me know and me and Stew will drive out for a visit! I would love to see Layne and your boys, they are getting so big!

Abbigail said...

I had a similiar question on Sunday. Kitty wanted to know how to baby gets out of the Mommy's tummy? I thought for a minute, then I just told her "between her legs." she seemed satisfied with that.
I bought a great body bookfor Kitty and it talks about how babies are made, it is pretty simple in the explantion, but tells some facts. It is an usborne book. I will send you the title later.