Monday, April 27, 2009

Off to the Races

Cade ran in his first race this past Friday! It was called the Fun Run- it was part of the Borgess- Run for the Health of it- run. It was a mile long and he ran the whole way- with Scott of course! He kept telling Scott, "this is a long race, daddy"! We were so proud of him! At the end, they gave him a ribbon that said- "I'm a winner" so naturally Cade said, "Daddy, I won the race!" Then on Saturday, Scott and my sister did the 5K race only Scott pushed the boys in the double jogger and ran fast!

Brynn and JJ saved the day by meeting us at the race with my camera that I forgot! Thanks Brynncess!

PRE-RACE PHOTO!

Tiffany and Jamie Laynie was an angel all morning as usual!

Scott and the boys at the end! Check out Colt's hair!
Jamie and Laynie after the race!

The boys decided to have some post race fun running around- and I had fun taking some pics! The signs Cade made to cheer on Daddy, Aunt Jamie and all the other runners!

So proud of Daddy!

4 comments:

Hubers said...

Way to go Cade and Scott!!! I'm totally impressed that Cade ran the whole way!!!
Craig said that Scott ran circles around everyone playing b-ball.

Happy Hastings' said...

I love it!!! Sounds like a lot of fun!! What a go-getter Cade is... I'm very impressed (and Scott, too)! Thanks for sharing the pics:)

Andrea Weaver said...

I had so much fun catching up on your posts!! Those pictures from the race are awesome. I can't believe Cade ran the whole way. Hunter would have been done after 5 minutes!! Cade is such a little athlete. Call me when you can. I miss you!!

Abbigail said...

Awesome. That looks like the stroller was a load to push all through the race. Your family is so adorable and you look great! miss you.