Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday, Cade!

Our first baby is 4 today! We cannot believe it! We celebrated by having a birthday party for him over the weekend -Dinosaur theme- Cade loves them, and today we woke him up with cake and presents. We took him out for some one on one time to do something special and he wanted to go to Chuck-e-Cheese so that is what we did. He loves playing skee-ball!

Cade at the age of 4:
Loves dinosaurs, spooky stories, playing baseball with daddy, doing projects, telling knock-knock jokes, racing to anything and everything, his baby sister (and brother), swimming with his cube, jumping off things, and most of all- CANDY- which is totally my fault- I love it too.

Cade dislikes losing, playing freeze tag where he gets tagged out, hitting a foul ball, getting caught by sharks when playing sharks and minnows at any sports camp he's been at this summer, did I mention he doesn't like losing?- we are working on this... any suggestions are greatly appreciated...

Cade truly has a zest for life like I've never seen- he wakes up every morning with a "Is is morning time yet?" and it is so hard to get him to sleep at night! He cracks you up with the things he says, for instance trying to get him to bed tonight- I can hear him in his room while I am in mine- "But mom, I'm hungry still, can't I just have a bednight snack." few seconds later, "mom, I'll eat some green beans, mom, please!" "I'm tired of this!" "I am hungry!" "I want some broccoli, okay!" "I'm frustrated!" "I'm just soooo mad!" "Mommy, how 'bout some string cheese!"

Happy 4th Cade! Opening presents

His birthday cake breakfast, a tradition in our family
Having fun at his party Blowing out his candles Pinata time! The bounce house was a gift from his Nana, Papa, Grandpa K and Aunt Jamie! The cakes I made for his birthday party

5 comments:

RicAnn said...

Happy Birthday BIG Guy!!! We hope that you have a spectacular. Ez misses you oh, so much! He asks about you all the time.

Happy Hastings' said...

He is getting so big, and is so cute!! It looks like he had a great birthday party!! Wish we could have been there to help celebrate!! Love you guys!!!

Naomi said...

Happy Birthday, Cade! I wish we could have been there to celebrate! It looks like a fun party! We miss you guys so much.

michelle lukken said...

Speaking of Martha Stewart!!!! WOW what awesome Dino cakes!! But I'm guessing Scott made chocolate chip cookies and no one was hungry then for cake. Am speaking from experience.... :) Looks like Cade had an awesome party. I miss you guys so much. Wish we could have been there.

Andrea Weaver said...

Ok...those cakes are amazing!!! Of course you threw such a cute party. I'm sad we missed it. Please give Cade kisses and hugs from us :)