Sunday, March 30, 2008

Like mother like son



Cade has been so honest lately. It's so cute. I'd like to think that it's genetics, but it's probably not. The reason I say that is that when I was growing up, my family used to tell me I would be a nun when I grew up because I couldn't tell a lie.

It all started with a little lie I told in preschool to my teacher. She asked if I had any brothers or sisters, and since the boy sitting next to me said he had a brother, I wanted one too. So, I told my teacher I had one sister (the truth) and a brother (a lie) but that he had died by getting hit by a car! I knew I couldn't verify that I had a real brother so I guess him dying was a cover up! Ha! Well, when I was in first grade I was learning about telling the truth at a church service one day. I could not stop thinking about that lie I told. I ended up crying to my mom that same night and told her about the lie I told. She said it was okay, but I was insistent on her calling the teacher to tell her what I did! She said she would. That eased my liar's remorse, and I started only telling the truth from then on out.

Fast forward to present day. I got home from grocery shopping at Sam's Club yesterday, and I had gotten a scrumptious pop there. I sat it on the table when I came in, and went back out to get the rest of the groceries out of the car. When I came back in, Cade was standing on a chair at the table- I thought nothing of it, until he said (with the cutest little smirk on his face) "Mommy, I took a sip of your pop." I said, "oh you did, that's okay just ask me next time." "OK mommy, I will" LONG PAUSE... "Mommy, I took TWO sips." I was chuckling at that point. Then he wanted another sip, of course (pop is a big treat!) Then later that day, he was playing with his friend Hunter, and I heard Hunter kind of crying, and I said to everyone else in the room, "Did Cade just take something away from him?" Then Cade blurted out, "No, I just pushed him." Gotta appreciate the kid's honesty, right? These are just a few recent examples, but since this has been a pattern, I think we might have an Honest Cade on our hands.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Cherry Family said...

Gotta love honesty! I hope it continues. Brayden used to be so honest . . . :)

RicAnn said...

That is too cute! Cade is such a character, so much personality. Love it!

AngiDe said...

Oh my, could he be any cuter!?!? I love the picture, and look how cute you are as a kid! A little blondie, I love it! Hopefully Ryah will be as honest as Cade, when she starts talkin.
Just wanted to say HI, and let you know that we have a blog now: www.deweyisms.blogspot.com

Becky said...

I love that picture of you as a little girl! So adorable! Cade is so funny with his honesty kick. Hopefully, it will continue!

Anonymous said...

Ok....that picture of you as a little girl is to die for!!! What a doll. You HAVE to have a girl someday to pass on your amazing genes.

I'm telling ya...you need to start a book with all of the funny things Cade says! I get such a kick out of him!!!

Mandi said...

It was so fun to see you last night. You are so cute! Your boys are darling!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Abbigail said...

I love the photo of you and the flowers you sent are amazing. I can't wait to catch up with you.