Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A kiss and breakfast with Santa

Today my cup just about runneth over.

My children. Oh how they melt my heart to the core.


This morning, Colt woke up next to me (yes, we have the family bed goin' on most nights) and noticed that Cade had already gotten up with his daddy and they were downstairs. So, he said to me, "I get up now, Mommy." I said okay and he got off the bed and went towards the door- it was shut so I helped him open it then I went back to lay down. He walked out the door then turned back around and climbed up on the bed and said to me, "Wait, I not give you a kiss yet." "And hug." I was instantly mush. He then gave me a kiss and hug and then went downstairs.


Later in the day, we had breakfast with Santa. This was arranged by the library here in town. Cade was so excited and had written Santa a letter- which he wrote the entire letter but just had me tell him how to spell the words. He was so proud of it. However, at the breakfast, Santa wasn't really eating the breakfast just the parents and kids. Cade wanted to know why- he had come to have BREAKFAST with Santa. So he asked him and Santa gave him some lame reply to which Cade followed up with question after question and led to, "Where is your sleigh Santa?" Santa told Cade that his sleigh was on top of the roof, but that he could make it invisible but that when Cade left that he should call up to the reindeer and sometimes if you listened closely enough they would reply back. Well, after Cade left Santa alone and started to eat his breakfast, I noticed him start to panic. I was like, what's wrong? Cade saw Santa get up like he was leaving and he was. Cade jumped up and said, "Come on, Mommy, come on!" It finally dawned on me, Cade wanted to run outside to call up to the reindeer before Santa left. So we rushed outside, and Cade called up to the reindeer atleast 4 times, and all the while I kept saying I heard a jingle. Nevertheless he was disappointed because he could not see or hear the reindeer. All I have to say is that this kid is special. He has so much heart. And he wears it on his sleeve.



Laynie was not enjoying Santa too much to say the least.

3 comments:

Doc said...

Love the Santa story...and the new look of the blog!

Abbigail said...

so cute. Poor little Laynie hates Santa. Freya still hates him. But likes his presents.

RicAnn said...

That is way too cute! I love how Laynie is crying, that will be Evey I am sure. Cade is to funny, Man I miss that kid, ok and his cute mom :)

I love LOVE your new picture! POST MORE

RicAnn
xoxo

HAPPY BIRTHDAY- I wish I was there to celebrate with you.