Saturday, January 3, 2009

The mind of a 3 year old... and his father

Just the other night we were playing a new cute game called "The Take Out Family Dinner Box of Questions" and I just had to document some of Cade's memorable responses and one particular comment of Scott's (Thanks for the game, Cheryl- we love it)!


Question:

What is your favorite family activity?

Cade's response: The Baby Jesus. (No matter how many times we tried to repeat the question, Cade always had the same response- seems activity means NATIVITY to him no matter what.)

What do you like most about the person to your right?
My response: Since Cade was sitting to my right- I said when looking at him- "Your smile."
Cade's response: He apparently thought I was to his right because he looked at me and said, "Your heart, Mommy." (My heart about melted.)

If there is one rule you would change, what would it be and why?

Cade's response: Going to bed. After some prompting from Scott on elaborating on his response, he decided that he would change it so he would never have to go to bed. Ever. It's just too much fun to be awake.

What is your biggest fear?

Cade's response: A wolf.
My response: Having someone in my family get hurt.
Scott's response: Having too many kids!

I say- You must face your fears in the face! Needless to say, Scott will have this opportunity in about a month and a half! And if I get my way, another couple years later too! Ha!

How 'bout a family pic too-



10 comments:

Andrea Weaver said...

So happy to see some new posts!!! Could Cade be any cuter?? I miss him so much!! He is such a crackup...and that comment about loving your heart was the cutest thing I've ever heard.

Andrea Weaver said...

By the way...I hope you have so many more because you are really one of the most darling moms I've ever been around. They are SO lucky to have you!

Whit said...

Are you kidding?! You have such beautiful kids. Ha. I laughed at Scotts response. Spencer and him are alike in this area. Spencer said I am going to have to get him "drunk" if I want another baby.

I suppose telling him I want two more isn't going to fly too well at his point.

We miss you guys!!

Naomi said...

I love this. We need to get that game. Good luck with the job hunt and all the transitions coming up for your family!

The Bestmann Family said...

You need to make sure your writing this stuff down with dates and putting it in Cade's baby book!:) I'm so excited for your baby girl to arrive! :)

Happy Hastings' said...

I am so glad you like the game. We have a similar game, and I love to hear the kids responses. What cute kids!! We love you guys so much... Cheryl and the fam

Rach and Todd said...

Such a cute family picture, Mandy. You guys are adorable!

Becky said...

You guys are so adorable! Scott's fear was so funny, but you definitely had a good comeback! I'm with Cade--I was scared of wolves when I was little, too.

Ben, Telia, Aeden and Eliza said...

What a cute family experience. It is fun to hear those responses and the way the little ones think. So cute! I am so excited for this baby! I have a gift for you!

AngiDe said...

What a fun game! Kids say the cutest and funniest things ever!

XO