Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Spooky Christmas Tale, Anyone?

Every night before Cade goes to bed, he wants a spooky story. Spooky as in- a dark dark night, a scary house, a scary animal, or a giant. Yes, it all started around Halloween. But, it has continued. So, tonight, this is how our conversation went:


Cade: Mommy, I want a spooky story, no a spooky Christmas story!
Me: What would that be like, Cade?
Cade: Well, how 'bout Santa's flying his sled and he falls in a pool and the sharks try to get him!
Me: Okay, I suppose I could do that...

And so I did it. I told a spooky Christmas story that involved Santa and his reindeer almost getting eaten by sharks- real nice, eh? Well, don't worry, Cade and his brother Colton came to the rescue and saved Christmas! He loved it so much he wanted another spooky Christmas story, this one involving a mean Polar Bear!

I do love his imagination!





10 comments:

Hubers said...

You should make these into books. My boys would love them too!

Apron Appeal said...

"We'll tell scary ghost stories and tales of the glories of Christmas's long long ago"....Cade must not be the only one. (but don't forget a Christmas Carol. Riley LOVED that one. especially when bob marly...I mean jacob marley made his first appearance.

Gwen

RicAnn said...

That is funny! I can totally hear him asking for Spooky Christmas Story. And what a cute mom for not only giving him 1 but 2.

I miss you so much, I am so ready to get back so we can do some playing :) well and baby preparedness.

Andrea Weaver said...

Oh how I miss that kid!!! That is the cutest thing I've ever heard.

Naomi said...

That is hilarious! Meanwhile, Gwendolyn is praying every way she knows how that "no turtles or frogs or any mean guys or bad animals or anything bad or scary or anything that could hurt us will come in our dreams."

Krista Cook said...

You have darling boys. I love the imagination! Hope to see you soon,

Krista

Happy Hastings' said...

What a funny guy!! I love the imagination of kids, too!! The new family pic is precious!! Hope you are all enjoying the holiday season.

Jenni said...

What a creative little man! So cute!

Thank you for your Christmas card with the link to this blog. We have one too-just go to my profile. You have such a beautiful little family (soon to be not so little!) Have a wonderful Christmas!

Julie M. said...

He is totally cute! I love funny stories, and the way little ones' imaginations work! How ARE you? Miss ya!

The Cherry Family said...

That is really funny. He's an adventurer. :)