Monday, February 11, 2008

Our trip to see The Lukken Family



Better late than never! It has been a week since we got back from visiting our best friends, the Lukkens, but my computer has been acting up, and I could not get pictures to upload!


We had a blast! As some of you know, Michelle and Wade and their three precious little ones moved to South Dakota last June because Wade finished up his residency here in Ann Arbor and now is working at a surgery center as an anesthesiologist in Dakota Dunes, South Dakota. We miss them so much!


Wade and the boys!

Bennett and Colton! Only 2
months apart!

We flew into Omaha, NE on a Wednesday and headed to their house. They have a beautiful new home! Of course, it's spotless! The boys were having a blast together! Drew and Dylan are such cute little boys, and baby Bennett is one of the happiest babies I have ever seen! We actually took all of the boys to the mall in Sioux City, IA (only a 20 minute drive) to go to the playland they have there. It was hilarious! We had two double strollers and Cade walked- it was a riot! We got lots of sympathy stares not to mention some sympathy quarters for the rides they have near the food court! The best was the ride home (we left twenty minutes too late) when almost every boy in the car was crying at one time or another! Michelle and I just looked at each other and smiled and thought- this is life and we love it! Ha! We hung out at their house until Friday afternoon until we headed out for Lincoln, NE to visit Michelle's family.

Michelle's family is so sweet! We all stayed at their beautiful home and they were angels for housing us all (Cade likes to run around like a wild man)! We had so much fun! We went to the Lincoln Children's Museum and then headed to Michelle's nephews birthday party! Thanks Jennifer for having it on the weekend we were there! It was awesome! It was at a gymnastics place, and of course, Cade was in his element. We then went to Jennifer's beautiful home to hang out and bake some chocolate cookies. It was a blast, and between the three of us- we had 7 boys! We had so much fun! We also met for breakfast the next morning- all 7 boys and 6 adults!

Dylan playing at Derek and
Braeden's Birthday Party!
It was jersey party if you
hadn't guessed!

Drew being cute!
Cade being a daredevil!
Again!

Colton and me!
Barb and Bennett
Stu and Colton

We managed to make it to the mall again- yes- another playland trip! But, this time, Barb was so sweet to watch the two little ones so Michelle and I could have some special time with the toddlers! We rode the carousel and ate dinner at our fave place- Q-doba! The boys ran around there more than the playland, but there was no one there so it was perfect! We had to head home the next day, but we really had such a great time the whole time we were there!
Colton and Bennett

This was one of many attempts
at getting all the boys picture!


This is how we travelled!
All in all, Michelle and I got plenty of time to talk- staying up late only to be woken up hours later to feed the babes, but it was so worth it! I miss you my friend! Thank you Michelle and Wade, Barb and Stu, Jennifer and Scott- we had the best time!
Dylan playing outside


Cade and Drew playing outside!
Hugs!
We will be back in June so be ready!










9 comments:

karicarp said...

Sounds like you had a great time! How fun! I cannot believe NONE of you have NO girls!! Mandy you better get workin' on that! LOL Ok and I just have to say that the pic of you and Colton he looks SO much like Scott in that pic!! And Cade... OMG what a daredevil! How fun!!! Love it!

The Bestmann Family said...

We loved having you and can't wait to see you in June. Can you imagine us with 7 boys at the pool! Everyone is still laughing about little Cade on the rip line. He is so strong to be able to hold on as long as he did. They all had so much fun!

Unknown said...

WOW Mandy. I have tears in my eyes!! You wrote the nicest things about your trip to Nebraska, South Dakota, and Iowa!! (Can you believe Cade and Colton hit three states in one trip??) We enjoyed having all of you stay with us and miss you already. We are looking forward to the CWS in June. You are so sweet to put up so many photos of our family on your blog. Love the one of the five boys together. Next trip we try to get one of all seven. Love you my friend!! Michelle

Hubers said...

Mandy,
This is the first time I've seen your sight, or both of your kids for that matter. They are exact blend of you and Scott!
Glad to see your family is doing well.
(Summer,Craig, Abram, and Isaac)

Lisa said...

Wow, looks like you had so much fun! Ben has that same Red/Black vest shirt that Dylan has. I love it, perfect for Michigan weather! : )

RicAnn said...

ok I am so stinkin jealous that you got to see Michelle, Wade and the boys! But it looks like you guys had way too much fun! You totally deserved the break and I am sure Michelle loved having a good friend there to visit.

I hope you have mucho fun tomorrow night at the big concert!

Anonymous said...

You are both super moms! I can't even imagine how crazy the car was after our Target night!!! HA. Michelle is such a doll...I'm so jealous you got to go see her!

I expect full details of your concert tonight!!!

Becky said...

Such an adorable blog Mandy! I love all the cute pictures of the boys. They are so gorgeous!

bunch of whipples' said...

Hi, you don't know me, but I know Michelle and Wade Lukken. My husband did his transitional year with Wade in Des Moines, at Broadlawns hospital. I was trying to find out what they were up to and googled Michelle's name, your blog came up. Would you mind giving her my email address, I'd love to catch up with her? It's brynwhipple@hotmail.com. Thank you.