Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Date night


On Monday night, Cade and I got to go on our first official mommy-son date! We had a blast! We are going to try to do them often and also with just Scott and Cade, so that he gets some one on one time with both of us.


I asked Cade where he wanted to go for dinner, and he immediately said Q-doba! No surprise there- (sidenote: My parents had him in their car the other day while they were following us downtown, and they heard Cade say, "I want to go to Q-doba", my parents were like- what?, that was out of the blue- but then they looked at the strip mall they were passing by and there was a Q-doba in it! We had been to that particular Q-doba only about 4 times, whereas we go to the one by our house atleast once a week, so needless to say, they thought it was hilarious!)

So, we went to Q-doba, and Cade got his usual chicken burrito and chips and guac, then we went to Toys R Us! We just went there to play- Cade wanted to play with the Thomas the train stuff first, then look at all the books, then play with the Elmo stuff, then it was on to the bikes and finally he had to sit in all the battery operated cars- it was too cute! To top off the night, we went to Starbucks- which sadly he knows by name as well- for his favorite- spiced caramel apple cider! It is delicious!


I hope I can find my camera battery charger soon because otherwise I cannot upload any new photos- my camera is dead and needs to be charged!

5 comments:

karicarp said...

Thats wonderful you are doing that with Cade. It's hard when life gets so busy but oh so important! Hope you guys are doing well, I am thinking of making a trip up to Chelsea Treehouse maybe this weekend. Let me know if you are at all interested. Talk to you soon! Kari

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! You are the cutest mom. Cade's got great taste...Qdoba is AMAZING! I'm going to have to try out that spiced caramel apple cider too...yum!

Seriously...you can borrow my charger any time. I'll email you the pics for Cade & Hunter from today. They were so cute!

Anonymous said...

mmmm...cider. So cute...that's so important to make one on one time when you have more than one child. sounds like you guys are doing great.

HIJK said...

What a great idea! It is so important that one on one time. What a great mom you are. Thanks for being an inspiration. Let's get together soon.

Abbigail said...

sad to have missed you guys during the game. although, it was a sad game. ;( I didn't get back from shopping until 4:30... had a lot of fun though. thanks for having me over the other night. totally fun!